Common Name: Basil
Scientific Name: Ocimum basilicum
Essential Oil Properties and Characteristics: Basil essential oil is a pale-yellow mobile liquid. Basil essential oil has a warm, spicy-sweet aroma.
Origin and History: Basil is originally native to India and other tropical regions of Asia, having been cultivated there for more than 5,000 years. Basil essential oil has been used for many years in herbal remedies and medicines.
Method of Extraction: Basil essential oil originates from India and is extracted by steam distillation from the flowering herb.
Precautions During Use (Contraindications): Relatively non-toxic, non-irritant, possible sensitisation in some individuals. Basil essential oil should not be used during pregnancy. Can irritate sensitive skin. Allergens: Contains eugenol, limonene and linalol.
• Sweet Basil is an analgesic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, digestive, expectorant and nervine.
• It helps with digestive issues such as nausea.
• Basil helps to relax and balance the nervous system.
• Basil helps relieve sinus congestion, asthma and bronchitis.
Subtle Aromatherapy (for mental and emotional wellness)
• The wonderfully reviving fragrance of basil essential oil gives the mind strength and clarity whilst helping to combat fatigue.
• It is uplifting, awakening, clarifying and stimulating.
• It is recommended for people who are physically or mentally exhausted, suffer from nervous depression and have become complacent and melancholic.
Always follow established essential oil safety guidelines!
Find out how I can help you manage stress, anxiety and overwhelm
All 3 Minute Yoga Video About Me Aromatherapy Aromatic Kinesiology Client Stories Connaught Telegraph Foot Reflex Massage Indian Head Massage Kundalini Yoga Meditation Personal Development Radiant Child Yoga Reiki & Seichem Reiki & Seichem Training Self Care Self-Care Stress Management Yoga