It’s such a busy time of year, and so stressful for so many people. It’s not just the financial cost that can take its toll, but the mental and emotional cost as well. This week and next week, I’m going to cover ideas for 12 Days of Christmas De-stress!
1. Take a musical time-out. Listening to music can lower stress hormones, blood pressure and heart rates, as well as decrease anxiety and take your mind off pressing issues.
2. Try to focus on one task at a time. When you are wrapping presents or cooking, take time to enjoy the smell, taste and memories of these happy times instead of running from one task to the next.
3. Remember to look out the window and enjoy nature. Gazing out the window can lower your heart and breathing rate and help lift your mood.
4. Learn to say “No, no, no” instead of “Go, go, go.” This can help us prevent over-committing, which allows more time to enjoy Christmas.
5. Make sure you exercise. Exercising regularly helps reduces stress. Even a 20-minute walk three times a week can make a difference. Why not make it a family occasion, or a time for some personal space.
6. Create a personal space. Whether it's your bedroom, car, kitchen or bathroom, find a place that can be your peaceful place for a five-minute recharge.
To find out more about gift vouchers, therapies, meditation and yoga classes, visit www.relaxfromstress.ie, contact Tracy on 086-2202734 or email email@example.com.
Published in the Connaught Telegraph Newspaper on 13 Dec 2016
All 3 Minute Yoga Video About Me Aromatherapy Aromatic Kinesiology Client Stories Connaught Telegraph Foot Reflex Massage Indian Head Massage Kundalini Yoga Meditation Personal Development Radiant Child Yoga Reiki & Seichem Reiki & Seichem Training Self Care Self-Care Stress Management Yoga