Or actually takes over. Sometimes we don't realise we're overwhelmed until something happens to make us stop in our tracks...like crying over spilled milk.
It is so easy to get overwhelmed...family, work, friends, car maintenance, house maintenance, kids, social media, TV, needs, musts, wants, shoulda's, coulda's, would's!
What a world we live in.
A friend and I laugh at each other. When one of us is overwhelmed and scattered, the other is calm and together. For the last few days, I've been the one who has been overwhelmed and scattered.
Sometimes it's busyness that causes overwhelm. Sometimes it's emotional baggage coming up for clearing. This week it has being emotional baggage.
So what do you do when stuff you thought you'd healed and let go of comes up again? You roll with it. You go with the flow so that this new layer that's opened up can be healed. You practice self-care. In my case, I got Reiki, Bach flowers, did my yoga practice and journaled.
Feeling overwhelmed by busyness or emotions is hard. Identifying overwhelm is hard. Reaching out for help needed be hard. So, here are some tips for coping with overwhelm:
1. Reach out and talk to a friend.
2. Practice self-care: get a session of your favourite therapy, take an Epsom salt bath, find something you love to get and give it to yourself.
3. Talk a walk in nature, whatever or wherever is your favourite spot. There is nothing more grounded than nature!
4. Journal your thoughts and feelings to find out what's really overwhelming you and also, it'll help you find a path out of overwhelm.
5. Mind your diet. Eat wholesome foods and be careful not to numb emotions with food, alcohol or drugs. Numbing emotions don't make them go away. Feel the emotions and let them flow through you!
All 3 Minute Yoga Video About Me Aromatherapy Aromatic Kinesiology Connaught Telegraph Foot Reflex Massage Indian Head Massage Kundalini Yoga Meditation Personal Development Radiant Child Yoga Reiki & Seichem Reiki & Seichem Training Self Care Self-Care Stress Management
Holistic therapies do not replace the need for medical attention. Holistic therapists do not diagnose medical problems or manipulate bones. Always tell me if you have a medical problem, even a minor one. There are certain situations in which caution should be taken when receiving massage and bodywork.